Urologic Cancer Community
What is my cause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is my cause

I was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer and just went through having the 2 tumors removed from my bladder with a procedure called TURT.  I am a 28 year old non smoking female and have been pretty healthy my whole life.  The doctor stated that it is very rare for someone my age who does not smoke to have bladder cancer.  My question is what may have caused this?  I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how this happened to me.  When my doctor did the TURT he did notice that I have an abnormal bladder lining and so now I will have to go through chemo which is put directly into my bladder.  I was just wondering if this could be caused by radiation.  I live near a nuclear plant and just curious if this could be a reason.  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I was diagnosed with baldder cancer in November 2008. I have had a tumour removed via the TURB procedure.  This was grade 3 aggressive.  I then had 6 weekly courses of treatment which involved a dose of the BCG virus being inserted directly via catheter into my bladder.  This treatment was pain free.  However after my last treatment on the 11th March 2009 I developed severe pains which I still have.  Various painkillers don't seem to make any difference.  The BCG treatment severely irritated my bladder and caused it to shrink by 25%.  Recent biopsies have shown that there is no cancer there now.  The urgency and frequency or urination is awful.  My consultant will now try to stretch my bladder but will this get rid of the pain.  No one seems to be able to tell me.  I will be 60 next month and have had a very healthy life.  I have never smoked.
Blank
Hello,

I was wondering if you could share what symptoms you were experiencing that led you to head to the Dr  and what tests confirmed the diagnosis.

I wish you both the very best.....

Thank you for sharing...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urologic Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979