Urologic Cancer Community
cystoscopy for solid nodule in urinary bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

My ultrasound showed a 1.3 by 1.4 cm solid nodule in the posterior wall of my urinary bladder.  My urologist has advised a cystoscopy.  He says that he will remove the nodule completely.  The nodule can either be a blood clot, or it can be a tumor.  If this is a tumor and a cancerous one:  a) what is likelihood that the cystoscopy will allow the complete removal of this nodule? b) what is the risk  if a portion of the nodule is not removed? Could it cause the cancer tumor to spread more rapidly?  c) what is the risk that the removal of the nodule will cause a hole in my urinary bladder?  
The nodule was discovered due to an ultrasound that was made after a urinary tract infection that was accompanied by fresh blood bleeding.  There were no prior Uti except for one mayby 15 years ago.

Thansk