Aa
A
A
Close
hypodense lesion within kidney
I also had a CT scan w/out contrast that said there are a few kidney stones and a 1.7 cm hypodense lesion.  It said that further characterization could not be done without further testing.  I faxed my results to my urologist and they said it was nothing.  How could he tell from just that?  Should I see another doctor?

This discussion is related to Hypodense renal mass on CT scan .
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The vast majority of hypodense lesions are cysts.  If you want to be 100% sure an ultrasound can usually characterize a cyst well.  As long as there are no complex features such as septations or soft tissue components then it is considered a simple cyst, and no further follow-up is typically recommended.  Renal cysts are exceedingly common, and increase in prevalence and number with age.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I had a CT scan a year  ao without contrast, which showed nothing. I was having flank pain. They said I had a level 2 infection??? Treated with bactrim 3 days. Now I see blood in my urine. However, I have been taking Aleve for back pain from a bad gallbladder, and antacids w/tagament. I thought I see pink in comode a while back, but for sure saw blood two nights ago.   I'm scared!!!  Surely renal cancer would have been seen last year from what I understand it grows slow and before symtoms are seen it's usually advanced.  Any ideas? I did a  home test for UTI and it was negative.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urologic Cancer Community Resources