Urologic Cancer Community
hypodense lesion within kidney
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypodense lesion within kidney

I also had a CT scan w/out contrast that said there are a few kidney stones and a 1.7 cm hypodense lesion.  It said that further characterization could not be done without further testing.  I faxed my results to my urologist and they said it was nothing.  How could he tell from just that?  Should I see another doctor?

This discussion is related to Hypodense renal mass on CT scan .
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The vast majority of hypodense lesions are cysts.  If you want to be 100% sure an ultrasound can usually characterize a cyst well.  As long as there are no complex features such as septations or soft tissue components then it is considered a simple cyst, and no further follow-up is typically recommended.  Renal cysts are exceedingly common, and increase in prevalence and number with age.
Blank
I had a CT scan a year  ao without contrast, which showed nothing. I was having flank pain. They said I had a level 2 infection??? Treated with bactrim 3 days. Now I see blood in my urine. However, I have been taking Aleve for back pain from a bad gallbladder, and antacids w/tagament. I thought I see pink in comode a while back, but for sure saw blood two nights ago.   I'm scared!!!  Surely renal cancer would have been seen last year from what I understand it grows slow and before symtoms (symptoms) are seen it's usually advanced.  Any ideas? I did a  home test for UTI and it was negative.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urologic Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...