Urologic Cancer Community
long journey

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

long journey

A year ago doctor thought I had shingles on my buttock.  I was advised to go to dermatologist for reaction to medicine the first doctor used.  The dermatologist's opinion was that I did not have shingles.  At the same time I was and am currantly have intense pain in my bladder.  Over the years I have had blood show in my urine, once a great deal of bleeding. But no blood shows now.  After urinating I have burning and great amount of pain. The first doctor says it is a neurological and will not send me to a urologist. Is it possible that the first doctor is not advising me correctly? Should I be checked for bladder cancer?  I do have a family history of it with my mother.
I think you have been advised wrong about not seeing a Urologist; I think you should be seeing one given your symptoms and family history.