Urologic Cancer Community
transitional cell cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

transitional cell cancer

about 5 years ago i was diagnosed with tcc of the left ureter.  I had a nephroureterectomy with a partial cystectomy.  5 months after that i was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the uterus. had a total hysterectomy, oopherectomy and a lymphadinectomy. there was no spread of the tcc.  the uterine cancer had a 1 node invovlement.  went 5 weeks external radiation and 3 internals.  all seemed well until 2 weeks ago.  blood in my urine.  was due for  a cystoscopy and a right retrograde pyelogram was done.  a persistent vascular defect on the inferior portion of the renal pelvis was found.  Radiologist findings  the distal right ureter is incompletely opacified but otherwise unremarkable. the mid ureter is perhaps excluded from static images the proximal ureter is well opacified without abnormality the right pelvocaliceal system is for the most part opacified with an inferior filling defect.  previous ct film were studied and no defects were shown.  last ct was 9-10 months ago.  i had another ct scan today.  what is the likelyhood this is a tcc recurrence in my right kidney and if so what would some of my options be for treatment with only the 1 kidney
Tags: Cancer