Urologic Cancer Community
urethra cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

urethra cancer

I'm a 51 year male and had urinary problems in the past and  had a tuna procedure done a year and half ago for the prostate. A couple months a go I started having problems again. My urinary surgeon went in with a scope and found a couple of strictures  and removed them and took samples of tissue that concerned him. the test on those samples came back as cancer.  The Surgeon said this condition may occur  again in the future, and I need to have this procedure done every three months, and possible having the bladder and the urethra removed, this a invasive procedure that have risks.  The surgeon in addition is sending me to the UM (Michigan) cancer center  My wife and are concerned about this cancer spreading, and having the bladder and the urethra removed. If this done how will this affect my personal life and my mental health?