Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
2nd Urine Test results

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

2nd Urine Test results

The results of my 2nd urine test came back today and still shows a high amount of red blood cells.  My Dr. is sending me for another CT with contrast of the pelvis and abdomen.  Is this to look into a possiblility of cancer or to find out more about the cyst, both, or just trying to find a cause of the blood in the urine?
There are many causes of hematuria( blood in urine) such as stones, infections, tumors, cysts and medical diseases.

To rule out surgical cuases some radiological investigation is required such as intravenous pyelogram, ultarsounds and/or CT scan. CT scan with contrast will give a better idea of the nature of the renal cyst.

This answer is not intended and does not substitute for medical advice- the information is for patient education only