2nd Urine Test results
The results of my 2nd urine test came back today and still shows a high amount of red blood cells.  My Dr. is sending me for another CT with contrast of the pelvis and abdomen.  Is this to look into a possiblility of cancer or to find out more about the cyst, both, or just trying to find a cause of the blood in the urine?
There are many causes of hematuria( blood in urine) such as stones, infections, tumors, cysts and medical diseases.

To rule out surgical cuases some radiological investigation is required such as intravenous pyelogram, ultarsounds and/or CT scan. CT scan with contrast will give a better idea of the nature of the renal cyst.

This answer is not intended and does not substitute for medical advice- the information is for patient education only
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Oncologist in your area?