Colon Lesion
My wife has had medium pain in her lower right abdomen for some time.  After running tests, including a colonosopy which was normal, they discovered her galbladder was not functioning.  While the surgeon did nto believe the pain was related, he felt the appendix could be the problem.  She just had surgery to remove both and I was told he found and removed a lesion on her colon which might have been the culprit.  

Upon reflection, I am not sure we can wait the two weeks till we see him to ask the obvious question;  Is there anythign other than cancer in her future??? All we see when searching for "colon lesions" is cancer.  Is there anythign else it could be??  We are looking for some hope.

Thanks!!!!
Hello Sir,

There is a chance that it could be a cancerous lesion, but it is not the only lesion possible. Possible colon lesions include polyps, bezoars, and diverticuli. Any of these are possible and if she is young and has no family history of colonic cancer or other cancers, it is likely to be something other than malignancy. Only the pathologist can know for sure, but otherwise there are other lesions which are present that are not cancerous.

Thanks!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Oncologist in your area?