Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Found a testicle lump

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Found a testicle lump

I found a lump on the top of my left testicle a few days ago. It feels firm, and is smaller than pea size. It's painless, and I don't think I've had any discomfort in my testicle or anywhere in the groin area. As far as I can tell there's no swelling. What are the chances that this is cancer, and what else could it be? The left testicle hangs lower than the right, but I'm pretty sure it has done that before. It doesn't seem to be too large either.

I plan to make an appointment with my doctor for next Tuesday or Wednesday. If this is serious, does waiting a few extra days hurt, or do I need to go to the hospital immediately?

Thanks..I hope I can get some sleep tonight :(
A lump in the testical can be one of many things.  Some examples beyond cancer are infection (orchitis or epididymitis), cyst, hernia, inflammation of the testis or epididymis (gland behind the testicle), among others.  If it is painless and is not swollen or tender when you touch it, then it can wait a couple days for you to see your doctor.  Of course, if you have pain, fevers, or worsening symptoms you should be seen sooner.  Beyond a physical exam, your doctor may draw some blood tests and perhaps an ultrasound of the scrotum if the lump is not obvious on examination.  
I've a similar situation, but I've 3, they are also smaller than pea size and painless as well.    It's located a little lower from pubic area, it's not visible unless i touch it, plus it moves a little when i poke it.  I've had my annual check up and everything was normal.  It's been there, or at least the time when I noticed it, for 1 month already.  There's no change in size though, what can it be?

Hope I can get an answer, I'm quite worried.  thanks