Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Is it possible for testicular torsion to come and go for a period of 6 ...

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Is it possible for testicular torsion to come and go for a period of 6 months?

Hi Doctor

My problem is I dont want to have an operation for something that has been misdiagnosed. The torsion I hear about has to be operated on in six hours. The only problem is that after intercourse/ejaculation I have pains for a couple of hours to a day on my right testicle which becomes warm and red. What are the possible causes of a warm and red testicle? Is torsion correct diagnosis in my case?
A warm and red testicle can be due to many urological problems.  An ultrasound with Doppler is needed to further investigate your problem.  An ultrasound will help determine if there is infection in the tissue surrounding the testice (epididymitis). It can help determine torsion and see if there is fluid around your testicle.  A physical exam from a urologist will help determine if you have a congenital condition where the testicle is not anchored in the scrotum (cryptorchdism).  A physical exam can reveal a varicocele (engorged veins coming from the testicle). My suggestion is to see a urologist and have imaging studies done of your scrotum.