Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Kidney stent pain

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Kidney stent pain
My mother has a stent in her kidney due to a cancer tumor. She has had it changed periodically for two years now. She did too much bending and now is in pain. The urologist said it's normal as she did too much. This was two weeks ago and now she is unable to sit, stand or turn without pain. Should I be more concerned?
Lisa,

It is possible that over-activity has aggravated your mother's condition, either from the stent or completely unrelated and she hurt or strained other back muscles.  Rarely, the stent can migrate out of place and cause pain.  A simple x-ray of the abdomen would confirm that the stent is in the correct position and then there is little to worry about regarding the stent.
my friend has had a stent  in her kidney, and ever since then she complains of her bones  aching  and                she stays cold.  Has anyone  complained of these symptoms before, could they be side effects of the stent
A related discussion, Microhematuria, persistent hematuria, 5 year old was started.