Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
No one has helped....!!

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

No one has helped....!!

I have just recently had a UTI which was the third one i have had in 3 months. When I went to a urologist he had me take another week of antibiotics and then sent me to get a CT scan of my pelvic and abdomen area. After a week I went back with my films and he said everything was fine; however, I told him I still have flank pain, and have to pee constantly. He then responded to come back to him as needed, drink plenty of water, and that I am fine. Now another week has passed I am still having all symptoms of a UTI, and painful intercourse. Prior to seeing my urologist I had went to my OBGYN to make sure it wasn't something else and they indicated everything was fine. In 2001 I did have kidney stones which no one could find for 2 years. Turned out I had two that I partially passed to my bladder and never went through. They found it only because I had one in my kidney... Anyway I feel as if I am losing my mind and there is no one to help me
Hello:)  First thing is first. If you are feeling pain with urination it is most likely a UTI.  I would recommend seeing a urologist to perform a cystoscopy and possibly a ureteroscopy/renoscopy to look for any stones and remove them.  A cystoscopy is a tiny camera inserted into your urethra to examine the the bladder. A ureteroscopy is an even tinier camera inserted into your ureters (the tube connecting the kidneys to the bladder).  When both of these techniques are employed and a stone is found there are multiple ways to remove the stone: laser lithotripsy, basket removal, extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, and percuataneous nephrolithotomy.  And I hope with the proper treatment that you stop feeling like you're losing mind.
I called another Urologist today who is going to perform both of those tests... Thank you so much... When everyone was saying that nothing was wrong it made me feel like it was possibly in my head, but I just can't believe that. Also I called my old doctor today and apparently the nurse stated they receivced the cultures from my urine samples and both show no evidence of me having a UTI so now I am not sure what could be causing this....

Thanks Again!