Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Small growth on skin of scrotum

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Small growth on skin of scrotum

I have recently noticed a small growth on the right side of the skin of my scrotum.  It is wide and short (almost like a plateau).  It is approximately 4mm wide and <1mm tall with an irregular border.  It is located about a half inch from where my scrotum meets my thigh.  There is only slight pain associated with it andnonly when it is touched (feels more like irritation that pain).  It is the same color as the surrounding epithelium but a bit more red which appears to be from irritation due to it's location next to my leg (rubbing).  I have searched online and have had no luck finding this described anywhere else. Thank you very much.
1 Comment
Skin lesion are very hard to describe with words.  It sounds like it is superficial in nature.  It can be one of a long list of things.  Since it is tender to touch, it sounds inflammatory.  Some examples are ingrown hair follicle, cyst, condyloma, raised ulcer, and the list is very long.  I would suggest having a physician look at it as it is the only way to really know.