Sporadic back pain
I have gone to see a doctor about a lump on a testicle, but the doctor is not concerned, and says it is a cyst. He has still ordered an ultrasound to be sure.
I have had some back pain lately. Sometimes a pressing feeling in the higher back area, and sometimes in the lower back. This back pain only comes sporadically, maybe every other day, and it only occurs in the evenings.
Is back pain related to testicular cancer a constant back pain, or could it be sporadic, like mine?

- Concerned.
Back pain can be associated with advanced testicular cancer, however, this is pain worsens with time. Imaging studies should be done to confirm presence of a mass and blood work may be ordered to determine the presence of tumor biomarkers.

Sincerely,

Ash Tewari, MD