Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Testicle Pain

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Testicle Pain

Im 25 years old and for the past two years or so Ive been suffering with a pain in testicles and lower back.The pain is very mild and sometimes will disappear completely, often for months, which will in turn put it to the back of my mind for a period.But lately I cannnot get it out of my head.Im terrified of illness and especially cancer.Im a weak person and feel a coward for not going to my doctor. Ive read and researched about testicular cancer and one of my friends had it a few years back.I havent told a soul about my worries, not even my fiance.We have an active sex life and I dont seem to be effected during intercourse apart from an occasional mild ache.I cannot have an STD as my fiance is my only ever sexual partner and I hers.I know that for sure.I have done all the self exams, and i cannot seem to find lump on my testicle, though my right testicle is larger than my left although not massively so.I have examined and squeezed so much that I sometimes hurt myself.I found my eypitermis? (spell) and panicked thinking it was a lump.I later researched more and realised what it was. Could I have testicular cancer this length of time without noticing changes to my testicle (big swelling etc)? Im at my wits end please help.
Long standing dull ach (2yr as suggested by your description) without a palpable lump makes it less likely to think of tumor. Majority of such situation are orchalgia which resolve on its own. However I would suggested you to get a physical examination by a urologist to rule out variecocele. Get ultrasound of the testes to be sure.
AT
1 Comment
A related discussion, Testicle and lower back pain was started.