Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Urological cancer
About This Forum:

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Urological cancer

Im a 44 yold male with the cancer gene mutation MSH 2 Lynch syndrome strong family history.July 08 had CT SCAN found negative DR did scope found low grade Bladder carcinoma  CT Scan did not pick up had TURBT to remove.On 3 month scope for testing.Nov 08 urogram showed 1cm nodule posterior Bladder Wall.Had scope Dr saw nodule said wait 3 months .Late Jan 09 pain in groin ,lower back and left thigh Dr didt CT SCan again was normal the Following day they did a ultrasound found 2.3cmx1.3cmx1.4cm HYpoechoic mass sittuated between Bladder and prostate.Dr did another scope Bladder is neggative. Dr sent me for a Endo-Rectal MRI which said LOW T3 signal in the Peripheral zone extending from the left base to mid gland with capsular irregularity suspicious for extracapsular extension. From this the Dr sent me for a Rectal Biposie of Prostate which came back Negative and my PSA levels were a low 0.56.Dr seemed complexed did another CT Scan with contrast which came back negative.He sent me for another Ultrasound which said The Bladder No2 mural masses are seen.Between the Bladder and Prostate is a Hypoechoic Mass measuring 2.3cmx2.2cmx2.4CM  with slightly irregular borders.as you can see it has grown since the Nov 08 1cm nodule to the Feb 09 2.3x1.3x1.4 mass. CT SCANS never picked anything up.I have many concerns since this mass is growing between the bladder and the prostate and thats why they cant see it with cystoscope and CT scans.I am wondering if this is cancer and I was told Prostate biposie can also come back false negative.Looking for answers since the Drs seemed complexed and with the family history and Having Bladder cancer in Julu 08 .Im getting very nervous looking for some opinions.Im on my 2nd opinion and the Dr is saying if he goes in to remove this mass I might lose my Baldder and Prostate he also said he might do a laproscopic biopsie thru my Stomach.Having many concerns since this is affecting my Job.Looking for some opinions