Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
blood after urinating

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

blood after urinating

I have noticed in the last 2 days that after i urinate, there is a small amount of blood (on the toilet paper). There doesn't seem to be much blood in my urine, it is when i wipe. I do have a doctors appointment, but was just wondering if i should be stressing out about it or if it's likely to be something simply like a urinary tract infection.
Urinary tract infection could cause blood in the urine but this is usually mixed with the urine. Blood that is not seen in the urine but is seen when you wipe, could be due to local causes. It could be due to something in the urethra or the meatus.

I would suggest the following:

A physical examination to rule out local causes.
A urine exam and culture.......
Depending on the findings of the PE and urines- may need further tests
1 Comment
A related discussion, blood after urinating was started.