Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
lower right pain

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

lower right pain

In June of 08 i started getting a lower back ache, it was going on for 2 months so I finally went to my family doctor she ordered a ultrasound of my kidneys. it came back that I had a cyst on my right kidney, so she ordered a CT of my kidney and the results came back right kidney demonstrates an area of scarring and associated calyceal diverticulum in the upper pole, with benign appearance. so I asked for and English version of what was just said.  She said it wasn't a cyst it was a scare. So I said that still doesn't help with the lower back pain. So I called my OB doctor and asked some questions and they gave me a pelvic ultrasound and it showed cyst on my rt ovary. While they were in there she looked at my RT kidney and showed me the cyst.  The cyst on my ovaries did go away after 2 more periods. Now the back ache went away and I now I have a lower right pain between my ribs and hip for 2 months now. It only hurts went I bend down to pick something up or slouch.  I called the doctor again and explained my new pain. She seems to think muscle I explained I don't do sit up or exercise etc then she went to bowls. I have always had stomach problems but never these problems.  I take tagamet and Nulev when needed for my diarrhea and indigestion,  either way the pain is their she won't order any new test,  what should I do?  
In some instances, a calyceal diverticulum can cause pain.  A diverticulum is an out-pouching of a normal space, and it fills with urine as you kidney makes it.  If the diverticulum does not drain (empty) properly, you can feel pain and/or form stones in it.  This might not be what is causing your pain, but from time to time, urologists can perform a procedure to help drain the diverticulum and alleviate the blockage.  I would suggest having a consultation with a urologist if your pain does not get better, or is not related to anything else (i.e. bowels, etc.).