Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
small bump

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

small bump
hello
i have a small, almost spherical bump between the front side of the head of the epididymis and the testis. It is only on my left testicle that i notice this. I first noticed it when i was around 14 and now im 22. its a bit hard and about a centimeter across. is this serious? could this just be some sort of scar tissue from getting hit there before? thanks
A small bump that has not changed in size over 8 years is likely indolent in nature.  Some possible diagnosis could include epididymis cyst, torsion of the appedix epididymis or testis, and a solid mass.  A physical exam and possible an ultrasound would better delineate this lesion.  It can be from previous trauma, however, it is best to verify this than assume the diagnosis.  Most lesions OUTSIDE the testis tend to be benign, but it can be tricky to feel the difference on your own.  An experienced doctor can better make a determination.
A related discussion, Lump/swelling on spermatic chord or epidymus? was started.