Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
small bump
About This Forum:

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

small bump

hello
i have a small, almost spherical bump between the front side of the head of the epididymis and the testis. It is only on my left testicle that i notice this. I first noticed it when i was around 14 and now im 22. its a bit hard and about a centimeter across. is this serious? could this just be some sort of scar tissue from getting hit there before? thanks
Related Discussions
490117_tn?1210135280
A small bump that has not changed in size over 8 years is likely indolent in nature.  Some possible diagnosis could include epididymis cyst, torsion of the appedix epididymis or testis, and a solid mass.  A physical exam and possible an ultrasound would better delineate this lesion.  It can be from previous trauma, however, it is best to verify this than assume the diagnosis.  Most lesions OUTSIDE the testis tend to be benign, but it can be tricky to feel the difference on your own.  An experienced doctor can better make a determination.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Lump/swelling on spermatic chord or epidymus? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank