Corona (of The Glans Penis) swelling

I am a 26 year old male and have been in a monogamous relationship with the same girl for 3 months now and we always have protected sex.

For a while i was feeling a burning sensation in my pubic area as well as the base of my penis and inside my urethra (no pain in urination). I was worried it was herpes and went to a doctor and she said it just dermatitis and prescribed me anti-biotic pills for my urethra (doxycycl) and anti-fungal cream for my pubic area (clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropiponate). This seemed to do the trick.

Recently like 2 days ago, a noticed some swelling around the corona area of my penis head. It makes a puffy horseshoe ring about .5 cm around the top my penis head and circles off and tapers towards my urethra opening. It wasnt sore at all when i first noticed it, but now it does kinda bother me and it seems to have turned a little purple. Im pretty sure i dont have an STD (at least i hope not), I was tested when i initially felt any burning sensation and went to the doctor again for further diagnosis and she said it was just an infection.

Any idea what i might have?

Could the be the result of bacteria or some kind of infection or dermatitis of some kind and if so... should i treat this with the cream i was prescribed?

Could it be from having lots of sex ( we have pretty vigorous sex at least once everyday)?

Is this some mild symptoms of some kind of STD like herpes?

Could this be balanitis?

How should i treat this?

(p.s. i had diagnosed with hpv about 5 years ago... no symptoms in 4 years)

i am very worried

thanks in advance,

-Chuck

This discussion is related to Worried.
It can be due to friction rub, lichen planus, lymphocele or Mondor’s disease. In Modnor’s disease, there’s inflammation for the superficial veins of the penis and one of the commonest causes of the same is vigorous sexual activity.

Abstinence from sexual activity is important. Use of aspirin & anticoagulants like heparin are common. Anti-inflammatory drugs not only provide the pain relief but also tend to decrease the inflammation. I’ll suggest you to consult a urologist for the same as confirmation of the diagnosis is possible only after the physical examination and an ultrasound Doppler of the penile veins. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

sir i have my corona swell up, due to cloth rub( while masturbation)
now 3 weeks have passed with almost no recovery. plz help :(