Urology Community
"Nervous bladder"?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

"Nervous bladder"?

For the past two months I have had frequent urination( once per hour average except at night, where I sleep a good seven hours without urge) I have gone to three doctors. Blood test and urine test showed nothing out of the ordinary. No diabetes, PSA is .34, bladder scan showed very good empyting, prostate ultra sound showed good sized prostate as did the finger probe. I am  43 yo. white male non smoker, 5'8", when this began I was 277lbs. I have since become a Vegan and am down to 231 and dropping. Very good erections, no blood no pain during ejaculation or urination. In the past three weeks my specialist (urinary) put me on 500 mg levquin. shortly after ward I had cloudy urine. I did the full eleven doses then saw him. Tests where all good. My cloudy urine was inconsistent, sometimes cloudy, sometimes yellow. It appears that when I offer up a urine sample it seems to be the non-cloudy kind. No bad odors in the cloudy or yellow urine. He said to come back in 6 months, that it appears to be a "Nervous Bladder". Is it possible that an abnormal urine results would only show up if the sample was cloudy or could it still pick problems in the "healthy" urine sample?
Thank you for your time.

Could  it be possible that there is a diuretic in your diet? If there is nothing pertinent in all the examinations, could it also be an increase intake of fluids? If the weather where you are is pretty hot you may not notice the amounts of fluid you are actually taking.

It sounds pretty odd that the urine always appears normal when a sample is sent. Could this also be diet related? The simplest explanation I could think of is that the cloudy character may not be in the urine at all. If you only observe the phenomenon in your toilet – could it only be detergent in the toilet that creates the cloud? Could it only be the lighting in the toilet?

Conditions that could produce intermittent cloudy urine would be stress related. Bleeding disorders may also present with cloudy urine and not overt blood urine- this may be another avenue to investigate.