Urology Community
Urine Infection with staphylococcus aureus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I had an urine infection 3 weeks ago and doctor prescribe me cipro for 3 days.Symptoms were :urinating often and pain and burning sensation .After the antibiotic all the symptoms were gone but I woke up the 3rd day with my right foot, arm and abdomen numb. After one week my doctor called me and told me that I have an urine infection with staphylococcus aureus and they did the test and is sensitive only at cefazoline, oxacilline and Vancomycine.She rush me to the he hospital  saying that I need to get the antibiotic by IV.
At the hospital I saw a specialist in infection diseases. He told me that I have to do the test again.
After 2 days the test came out negative but he is still want me to repeat the test in  2 weeks.
In the meantime I have pain in my  back and feel like I want to go often to the bathroom. Also my right foot is sometimes numb .
What should I do? Wait another week for the test or rush to the hospital?  I have to mention that the pain is not very strong but I am more concerned about the pain and needle sensation that I have in my leg , my back and my right arm.