Urology Community
Worried!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried!!!

My 14 year old Grandson lives here with Grandma and Grandpa and I'm worried sick. He's never been sick and about 3 weeks ago started into diarrhea which seemed to be going around. Took him to the Doctor and Doctor ordered stool sample and abdominal ultra sound. Doctor called back today and said the ultra sound showed a swelling of the urethra just at the kidney connection and said it could be an obstruction below or re-flux. The bowels show nothing and culture clear??? Any connection between the two and should I be really worried about cancer?? are the obstructions normally benign or cancerous ??? Grandmas freaking out here. Jill
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Jill!

-There is no connection between the two; though three weeks of diarrhoea would need to be managed medically aside symptomatic treatment.
-Cancer is an unlikely possibility in a 14 year old; while more likely possibilities of obstruction include stones/ calculi, strictures, valves etc.
         It would be best to consult a urologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979