Urology Community
a hardened vein on my penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

a hardened vein on my penis

I have recently noticed a hardened vein on my penis which can be felt just under the skin. It runs along the top of the shaft down to the base. the vein seems to be getting harder/ longer. It is not painful but it is more noticeable when I have an erection even while limp the hardened vein can be felt beneath the surface.I currently have no problem getting an erection. However when I have an erection I have noticed that all of the veins on my penis are now more prominent.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This is probably be due to the thrombosis (formation of small clots) within the veins and this is quite common and you need not worry for the same as the clots tend to dissolve over time. This commonly occurs due to either masturbation or due to sexual intercourse and is due to the mechanical pressure on the veins. Avoiding sexual intercourse/masturbation for a few days helps in the resolution of the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.