? about mesh for incontinence surgeries
I have severe stress incontinence and a cystocele and flunked my urodynamic studies = "perfect surgical candidate" ....However, my gyn wants to use a mesh to repair the cystocele and to do a TVT-0. I've heard nightmares about the mesh, but he insists most of those are from the older kinds and/or those that were place improperly. He teaches the procedures and is very confident in his abilities.

Anyone have any advice or success stories to make me feel better? I'm looking into second and third opinions, but there is narrow time window when I can have this done.

Help me feel better about this, please.
I had a TOT or a transobturator tape for my bladder problems or cycstocele.  This was in 2007 and it worked for me.  I would definitely go to a forum like www.pelvicfloor.com which will give you insights on different operations. Good luck.