Urology Expert Forum
unsightly discoloration of glans(glands) penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

unsightly discoloration of glans (glands) penis
by rasparcapac, Jul 27, 2009 09:18AM
I was circumcized when I was thirteen years ago, when I was 22. Before then, my glans (glands) penis had never been exposed. Since then I have a very unsightly glans (glands) penis which affects my ability to have sexual relations with anyone. At the base of my glans (glands) penis, there is a dark purple ring, as if filled with blood. The rest of it is very white with dark patches. Around the opening is very red as if the skin there is very thin, and this skin sometimes peels. Is this in any way normal or treatable?
What you describe is not the normal aftermath of a circumcision. The ring that you describe, could it be the scar where the penile skin and the skin just behind the head of your penis were sewn together? Otherwise I am at a loss to explain what you are seeing. The variations in pigmentation sound to be a skin disorder called vitilago. The redness at the opening may just be the result of the local trauma of the head of your penis rubbing in your underwear.  Your best bet is to see a urologist or dermatologist to get a first hand look at what is happening and determine if there is anything that can or should be done.
Remember, ultimately the issue is how your penis works and not so much how it appears.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
A related discussion, pigmation of the glans (glands) penis was started.