Urology Community
1 year old son, can't find testes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

1 year old son, can't find testes

Hello, My son is a yera old, at his last check up, his Dr could not find his testes in his scrotum- this has never been a problem, ( they were descended before) I know that it could be retractible testes, my questions is, my DH and I cannot find the testes by touching his scrotum, ( he cries when we do this, so maybe we are doing it wrong) does this mean that they are never down? and can osteopathy help with this. He will be going for an ultrasound

thanks
I don't know if this will ease your mind, but as a child I had mine retract back into the inguinal region.
One thing that bothers me though is the fact that your son cries when he is touched on the scrotum. To me it indicates that something might be the matter.

An ultrasound should be able to determine what is happening. I can't see osteopathy being of use in this case.

In a case that the testicles do retract, I would ask how much of a problem this can pose. orchiopexy has it own's problems. It will fix the testicles in a position in the scrotum preventing them from moving back up into the inguinal canal. This can cause discomfort later in life due to certain movements like sitting down. The natural movement of the testicle is limited by the orchiopexy.

Go for the ultrasound appointment, it is better to be sure than sorry.

I'm sorry to read that your little guy is experiencing this.

God bless,

Ron
I forgot to mention that I was born with undescended testes, my left came down before the age of one, but the right not untill about 12-13. The family doctor at the time felt that by manipulation of the testicle towards the scrotum would bring it down into the scrotum. It did work for me.

All the best,

Ron