Urology Community
13 year old bed wetting looking for help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hello, I'm a 13 year old who has been wetting the bed all my life. I really would like to come to an end with this.
I am known to be a deep sleeper. I also don't know what to look for in the middle of the night when I have to go to the bathroom. My body doesn't wake me up or anything. I normally just black out or sometimes dream during my sleep.
Please help. How can I stop this?
Welcome to the forum!
I fully empathize with you and ask you to seek medical help immediately from your doctor. Bedwetting is more common in boys than girls. It usually goes away by 10 years. So now you need some investigations. The various causes are stress, functionally small bladder, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, urinary bladder wall instability, UTI, stones and neurological problems.
Limit fluids in the evening. Set up an alarm your self and try and wake up 3-4 hours after sleep and use the washroom. Ask your parents to help you out with this routine. This helps a number of times to break the sleep pattern and you will with time automatically start getting up.
Consult an urologist.
If at all you feel it is due to sleep, then ask your parents to set up a consultation with a sleep specialist. Generally most kids with bed wetting problems sleep through the night. Hence this should ideally not be the cause.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I am female and was a bedwetter until I was 14. Talk about annoying and embarrassing! Eventually, I grew out of it.

Unfortunately, I found out the reason why I was bedwetting and it wasn't pretty. Some kind of trauma can also increase the risk and longevity of bedwetting.

My parents didn't know how to deal with it when I was younger but I know some of their remedies were not cool. I vaguely remember being on a medication that was a nasal spray and I think it was supposed to make me retain urine longer.

Best of luck to you!

Go see a doctor and talk to parents about being supportive in  your need for help.