Urology Community
13 year old son with rash and trouble urinating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I hope I am asking this in the right place. My 13 year old son has recently complained of having trouble urinating. He feels like he has to go and then can only go a little bit. He gets a **** in his lower abdomen right after he starts to go. This sounded like a urinary tract infection to me so I took him to our family doctor, who did a urine culture, which was clean. This problem has been going on over the past three weeks and it comes and goes. He also has a very small rash on the tip of his penis. It's not very inflamed but it burns there when he urinates. He is not sexually active. Our family doctor has kind of blown us off, but it's causing my son a lot of distress and I am really out of my element here. My son takes Focalin XR 20 mg once a day and half of a 5mg tablet of Adderall (adderrall) every afternoon for ADHD (in case this is related to his medications.) I am pushing lots of fluids, but beyond that I have no idea what to do for him or whether or not I should push our family doctor to take this more seriously.