Urology Community
3 Years of urinary track related symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 Years of urinary track related symptoms

Hello,

I am 25 year old male, and for the past 3 years I've had many ups and downs trying to get to the bottom of my symptoms.

It all started when I contracted an STD (Gonorrhea I think), which then spread to Prostititis. From that point on, I have have discomfort/pain urinating, complete loss of libido and disinterest in sex, bad pain when there's pressure on my prostate, weak if not nonexistent ejaculations (that also are uncomfortable when I climax), and overall, my mind and body just feel different. Convinced that the initial Prostititis infection wouldn't go away, over the past 3 years I've been on months of antibiotics, including Levoquin, months of Flomax, Probiotics, Saw Palmetto, anti-inflamitories, and other drug therapies, but nothing seems to work. I've had an MRI, cystoscopy, all blood and urine work done, ultrasound - but everything comes back normal.

I have a monogamous boyfriend of about 3 years as well. We've been tested negative for all STDs, so when we engage in sex, we do not use protection; however, hygienically, we are very clean.

The unknown cause to these symptoms and continuous discomfort of being in my own skin has gotten me very down, and would love it if anybody could provide insight.

I've been speculating that it could be issues with my pituitary gland or thyroid gland, or even continued issue with my prostate gland, but I'm assuming the tests I've had done should've covered those.

Please help.

Hi,
I understand your concern regarding your symptoms. As mentioned from the other post, the symptoms that you have- urinary symptoms, pain, sexual dysfunction, generalized symptoms may be due to chronic prostatitis. Aside from bacterial infection, other factors that may contribute include anatomical abnormalities within urogenital tract, history of sexually transmitted diseases, gastrointestinal disturbances, high stress level, history of mechanical trauma to the lower pelvis area as well as compromised immune system. For proper management, further evaluation and additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and best regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...