Urology Community
5 year complains of pain in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

5 year complains of pain in penis

My 5 year old Circumised son has lately been complaining about pain in his penis.  The pain is inconsistent, at first I thought it was that he was holding his urine too long before he went.  But now, I have been reminding him more to go and he still complains of pain.  So I looked more carefully at it and the tip of the penis is a bluish color and he has a maroonish ring around the area right before the head of the penis.  When I touched the tip the color changed to a pale white and then went back to blue after I removed my finger.  He says the pain is a 5 on the scale of 1-10 and that it just comes and goes.  I guess I am wondering if it is something urinary or maybe a hygiene issue.   Thanks for your help.  A concerned Mommy