6mm.cyst on kidney please help
a few nites a go i took a Seizure they ran a  few test ct scan 1st on head came back clear so they ran it on the rest  of my body to  check for blood clots  they ended up finding a 6mm.cyst on my kidney,she told me to follow it up,well sad to say im the type if it aint broke dont fix it, i also am new here so i dont even have a doctor yet,  ive read  that they are common an usually nothing to worry about  so my question is a two fold question 1. could the cyst have something to do with  my taking a Seizure. and 2. is 6mm a large cyst ?
How are you? What other diagnostic tests were done?  Most simple kidney cysts are incidental findings found during imaging tests done. These are abnormal, fluid-filled sacs that form in the kidneys and are more common as people age. The cause is not fully understood but it can be due to obstruction or deficiency of blood supply to the kidneys; but not necessarily with the seizure. Size can range from 1 mm to 10 m in size. Small cysts usually do not cause symptoms or harm the kidneys. With regards to the seizure, further evaluation by a neurologist may need to be done and additional diagnostic tests such as EEG may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.