Urology Expert Forum
Abnormal urethral meatus swelling and growth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abnormal urethral meatus swelling and growth

I am a male in my mid twenties and have strong concerns about my urethral meatus.  To explain as best as possible.... over a year ago I noticed the exit of the urethra was red and what seemed to be slightly swollen. I went to my family physician and was tested for everything possible.  Everything came back negative and I was told to watch for changes. I was a bit concerned but did not think anything of it.  Six months later the condition continued and had changed.  The urethral meatus is rather growing outside of the tip of the penis.  It is a slightly different pigment than the rest of the head of the penis.  It has been continuing to extend and grow.  When looking at it straight on it looks like as if there is a semetrical circular growth around the exit of the urethra starting just inside of the penis and all the skin will not fit insided and protrudes outside the urethra exit.  When spreading the tip apart it looks like the urethral exit is growing inside out and is about 1/16 of an inch in diameter all the way around.  I believe this is the meatus but am not sure. It is not a concerning color the urologist says and is not causing me any issues. I have seen the urologis and my doctor twice within 14 months.  They both say it is changing, neither of them have seen it before, neither think it is dangerous or cancerous, it is not related to warts.  All of this aside it looks far from normal.  I am very concerned.  It has been slowly changing over the past year and I am extremely scared it is going to continue to grow.  I am at a loss about this situation and have lost much sleep over it. Any help, sudgestions, ideas or explanations are much appreciated.