Urology Community
Adult Phimosis treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Adult Phimosis treatment

I have currently been diagnosed with Phimosis and was prescribed a cream to use twice a day allong with stretching for 3 months to cure the issue. The cream I was prescribed is called Aristocort R ( Triamcinolone Acetonide). Anyways I am going to try these methods first because I really dont want to go for circumsision as it feels really weird to have done at my age (21)

The questions I have for now are is it safe for me and my partner to have sex at alll using this cream? I have had sex in the past with condoms or lube and it hasnt hurt me during it...Which is why I never thought this was an issue until now..

Will this cream have any effect at all on my partner, or me during sex? I want to be totally sure before doing anything. You're responses are greatly apreciated.
I just now saw your post and immediately am writing you this:
The cream you plan on using/are using is a topical corticosteroid which has been classified as High Potency III corticosteroid (that means two categories lower from the highest potency corticosteroids - there are 7 categories in total as far as I know). I have corticosteroid induced side effects on my penis from topical corticosteroids also from High Potency III class and i havent used the drug that long as your treatment suggests you should. I should also note that unlike treating other body parts eyelids and genitals have up to 30% more absorption, making the risks of side effects more probable.

The side effects (redness, swelling, teleangiectasia) are really hard to treat in a sense that they wont go away on their own and almost nobody knows how to treat them (not even doctors who regularly prescribe them!!) so it was a walk from one doc to the next. Some doctors say even that they are not possible to treat (permanent), so I would highly advise you to get a second opinion as soon as possible on how to safely (without corticosteroids) treat your problem.

All the best.
I must note that I don't want to affect the treatment that might help you, on the prospect that maybe i might have been extremely unlucky and got side effects, while you might in fact not get any of them, but it is just caution and general concern, speaking through me. Hope you understand. :)

To most prudent course would be to check your treatment options with your doctor and a couple of other ones (not to mention that you might get new perspectives on treatment of Phimosis that the first doc did not know/suggested).

Cheers
The cream that you have been prescribed is a high potency corticosteroid. Phimosis is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis.
Treatment includes application of a steroid cream to the foreskin up to three times a day for about a month to loosen the adhesive ring. But before using this high potency steroid, you can talk to your treating doctor as the skin of genitalia is very thin and steroids may cause thinning of skin and increased fragility. If ballooning during micturition is present,then surgical removal of all or part of the foreskin(circumcision) may be recommended.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Hi, You might not have to resort to circumcision. Just having the phimotic ring removed should be sufficient.
I can understand that you want to avoid circumcision.
A few months ago I ended up with balanitis after having had a Foley catheter in for about a year. The very first thing that my doctor mentioned was circumcision. I told her that this was not an option. I too was given a steroid cream and after about 2 weeks the balanitis cleared up. I than was left with a phimotic ring in the tip of the foreskin. I used streching in warm water for a few week untill I felt no more tightness when moving the foreskin back.

I donot know if the ointment has a result on a partner since my wife and I have not been able to engage into sexual activity due to my other urological problems.

There also is a tool available to stretch the foreskin. Just type in "Glansie" in your search engine. It will take you to a site that this tool is listed on. It is costly but it might be worth it to you. To me circumcision is not an option. Especially if the foreskin can be pulled back. Try stretching first.

All the best.

Ron
i am a deabetic and iv had this happen to me befor bot this time its going on 3 months i have not ben abel to have sex in 2months it get cuts all overn  what can i do
but its all the time not just when i get an erction all day lond the skin is to tight