Urology Community
After Urethral Surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

After Urethral Surgery

I had a reconstructive urethroplasty about six weeks ago due to a urinary stricture in the first one-third of my urethra. While being hospitalized after the surgery, I witnessed extreme scrotal swelling and a second surgery was ordered to correct this (a hydrocelectomy if I am not mistaken). I had a Foley catheter in my penis, as well as a suprapubic catheter.

I had erections while my Foley catheter was in place, which was removed about two weeks ago. However, I notice now that my erections are not as full as they were before surgery and that there is a penile/scrotal pain associated with them. Is this normal? Or should I be alarmed?

I haven't told my doctor about this yet because I forgot to mention it at my appointment last week and I didn't know if it was serious enough to mention or not.

Thanks for the help. :)