Urology Expert Forum
Almost 29, a few genital questions

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Almost 29, a few genital questions

I'm going to be 29 in a few days. I haven't paid too much attention, but over the past couple of years, I would notice that my penis bends to the left fairly noticeably when erect. It looked like the right "chamber" was concave and the left one was convex. Secondly, I get a minor hourglass deformity near the base of my penis when flaccid or barely erect. Strangely enough, it can gradually look more like normal over the course of a few minutes after the skin can relax, but it still happens frequently. The last thing is, I have a very small bump mid-shaft underneath my penis, it's about the size of a small pimple, but not a pimple.

Some back history is that for a number of years while taking certain medications that threw my libido into high gear, I might caused myself some trauma through masturbation. I'm no longer required to take them and have stopped that habit, but now I want to make sure that if I caused myself any harm that I need to find out what it is and take care of it. I also thought I had a bad rash or jock itch because my scrotum would scale and the whole area would get red and puckery, very irritated looking. I started using cetaphil to wash with instead of soap and have already noticed improvement in skin condition.

Does any of this sound like I should seek medical help? I don't want to let a potential problem go unchecked. Thank you.
Dear Heldenhammer,

Thanks for writing in.

The angulation of penis to one side is normal and most of the right handed men shall have angulation towards the left side. We don’t need to be worried about the  angulation if it is less than 30 degrees as it does not lead to any problems while having intercourse.

An hourglass deformity when non erect or partially erect is also normal. The penile structure needs to be evaluated only when erect and hence I would suggest that you stop worrying about it.

A small swelling on the penis can be there because of fat collection or some vessel calcification. In either of the two conditions, it does not need any treatment.

It is good to hear that you have reduction in scrotal itching post switching over to Cetaphil. However, I shall still like you to apply an antifungal powder like Lotrimin AF twice daily for at least 3 weeks to get long term relief from itching.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv goel
A related discussion, Help me it urgent was started.
A related discussion, urological problem please help me. was started.