Urology Expert Forum
Am I getting better/ Should I continue antibiotics
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I getting better/ Should I continue antibiotics

I have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks with a small break in between. Was having frequent urination and bladder spasms to begin with. I was getting better when stopped first 2 weeks of antibiotics but then frequent urination started again. Over the last week while getting back on cipro urination normal and no discomfort in bladder or testicals. Urine and blood test were clean so WHY do the antibiotics seem to be helping? Was on websight and they say they have an antiinflamatory effect and that there not really helping. Should I continue on longer course of antibiotics? Urologist said he has never seen anything like this I am scheduled for cystscope next week but should I do it as I heard it can create problems for some people. Is there anything medication that may have same effect as cipro because if I need something for frequent urination this is much better than detrol, vesicare.