Urology Expert Forum
Anal lesion and pain

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Anal lesion and pain

First I will tell you about my history. I have never given this much thought until now (and you will see why as you read on).  About once every 1-3 months or so (infrequently) for at least a couple years I have experienced this weird pain deep in my anus that will only go away if I go through the motions of a bowel movement (whether or not I pass stool this revieves the pain). Once again, I must stress that this is infrequent and I have not given it much thought, and I am not sure if it is related to the actual reason I'm writing to you.

Pretty much all of a sudden (yesterday) I developed this seemingly pea sized lump of what I'd describe as a medium consistency (press down on it with your finger and it feels pretty soft but it bounces right back up.  It also seems to me to be located under the skin, as there has not been any bleeding or obvious open sore.   This mass is located pretty much right at the very right side of the opening of my anus..it is not really inside my anus but again right at the opening.  Like I said, I don't think it was there before, because it just became painful yestereday.  I felt of it when I went to the bathroom last and it seems to buldge out and get a little harder when I strain.   As I said it is rather painful but there hasn't been any bleeding that I've seen.

About 1 year ago I was examined by a urologist where he felt inside my anus with his finger and everything according to him was normal then.    I am 30 years old, white male.   Please tell me what you think because this is the last thing I want to see my family doctor for (if you know what I mean.)
An abscess, cyst or mass can be considered.  The most concerning diagnosis would be cancer - and this needs to be ruled out.

I would consider a lower endoscopy - such as a colonoscopy.  A referral to a surgeon can be considered for a possible biopsy of the lesion.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0
0
0
0