Urology Community
Angiomyolipoma and kidney stones

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Angiomyolipoma and kidney stones

In 2000 I had a radical nephrectomy due to a large oncocytoma. I now have multiple kidney stones and a small 10mm angiomyolipoma in my remaining kidney, with CT without dye scheduled for this week. I am experiencing flank pain and discomfort. Has anyone had experience with this type of issue and given the one kidney, possible steps? Thanks!
Avatar dr m tn
I am not much worried about the small angiomyolipoma in the kidney as probably that’ll not produce that harm to the kidney compared to the multiple stones which you’re carrying which can be much more troublesome and can damage the kidney functions more markedly compared to the angiomyolipoma. The stone problem should be rectified as early as possible. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.