Urology Community
Arginine related chesty phlemy coughs?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Arginine related chesty phlemy coughs?

I'm a 28 year old man with a decent fitness routine, (gym couple of times a week and soccer once a week). I should add, I also am a smoker, around 10-15 a day and with some weed thrown in the mix, regularly. Until recently, I had problems in acheiving and maintaining erections. So I tried a few "herbal" supplements to tackle the issue and never really tried any of the drugs (Viagra, Cialis etc). I started off with Horny Goat Weed but did very little to solve the problem. So that lead me to arginine protein supplements. And I was very impressed with the results, rock hard and ready to go all the time. I notice the drop in effect due to everyday use so now cycle them a week on week off basis. Since using arginine, Ive been feeling great about myself and my GF seems to love me more, go figure!

Here is the problem, everytime I take Arginine, I get really chesty and phlemy cough. When I stop, it seems to go away but would return straightaway as soon as i start the cycle. I cant seem to find any papers or articles on the matter so wondered if you could shine some light on the matter. Im quite worried simply because I love arginine now, swear by it and considering it to take it on the long run. But cannot be coughing all the time as it could get worse and possibly create other complications few years down the line.

So do you know why taking them leads me to chesty coughs? Thanks