Urology Community
Arteriosclerosis and Viagra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Arteriosclerosis and Viagra

I have seen on other internet medical sites the statement that most E.D. is caused by either diabetes or arteriosclerosis.  (Since E.D. is defined as not being able to get or maintain an erection as often as you might want to, I find this an amazing statement.)  Assuming that they meant to say that 'not being able to get or maintain an erection nearly as well as one could as a teenager was the result of diabetes or arteriosclerosis', I have a couple of questions.  1.  Would you say this is true at any level of E.D.  Is it true if you are somewhat less able to get erections.  Is it true if you can't get one at all?  2.  Viagra works well for me.  Viagra does nothing for circulation.  Does this mean that arteriosclerosis is not a major player in my case? 3. Viagra may give me chills.  Is this a serious side effect?  4.  While I say that Viagra works well, it doesn't work as well as it used to.  Can one build up a tolerance for Viagra?  I know that Viagra works by masking a hormone that makes erections go away.  Does the body produce more of this hormone as you get older?  I have about twenty more questions, but I don't want be a pig about this.  Thank you for your time.