Urology Community
BB size lump under the skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

BB size lump under the skin

Hello
I have a BB sized lump close to the end of the penis. On the shaft not close to the testicles. I am just trying to figure out what it could be?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,cyst , some benign skin growth or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Sorry did put enough info.
It is under the skin and you can see it. Also it is not painful
sorry you can not see it
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If it is under the skin and painless then the possibility of a cyst or benign skin growth are important to be ruled out. A cyst is a closed sac below the surface of the skin that may with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis. It is usually painless but can become painful if infected. Then antibiotics are needed.

I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get any benign skin growth ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.