Urology Community
Bad Smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad Smell

Every time I urinate it smells really bad.  Also I am always getting bladder infections like every two weeks.  Do you know what is wrong?
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
Generally bad odor is due to infection, mainly by E coli and this is the most likely cause in your case as you are getting repeated infections. This can be diagnosed by urine culture. Strong fruity odor is due to uncontrolled diabetes. Interestingly urine odor changes in menopause too in females. Urinary bladder infection and kidney infections do produce strong smelling urine. Another reason is dehydration. Strong ammonia smell is due to protein breakdown.
There are some bacteria in the gut that produce hydrogen sulfide gas. Sometimes this gas is produced in such huge quantities that the sulfide oxidase enzyme in the wall of the gut is not able to oxidize all of it and convert it to thiosulfate. Hence the gas enters the blood stream and gets filtered by kidney into the urine. This gas has a smell of rotten eggs.
Hope this helps. Discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...