Urology Community
Balanitis treatment
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Balanitis treatment

I'm currently taking SMZ/TMP DS 800-160 Tab Interpharm (an oral antibiotic) and applying Mupiricocin Ointment 2% to treat my Balanitis. Should I be applying the ointment only on the affected part of the foreskin or on the glans (glands) and under the foreskin too? Also, about how long will it take for the discharge to stop?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,

For balanitis, apply the cream on the glans (glands) and under the foreskin also. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
I went to the dermatologist and wasn't able to see a doctor, instead I was seeing by an intern who didn't seem to know what she was doing but anyway, she prescribed me what my primary care physician had already put me on for 10days; SMZ/TMP DS 800-160 Tab Interpharm to treat my infected acne. She told me she's going to keep me on it for 8 months. Now, if this is an antibiotic, is it normal to be prescribed for that long? and for acne grade III? and that's all she gave me, nothing else to put on them or face wash or nothing. I'm desparate and need to know if I should find another dermatologist, please.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...