Before and After a Kidney Stone
Hi, I've passed a kidney stone 6 days ago, and it was my second stone in 5 months. The first was in the left kidney, this one in the right. Is it possible that these formed at the same time and it just took the second one 5 months longer? I'm just worried that I will be getting stones every 5-6 months now. By the way, I am 24 and both stones were 4mm.

Also, previous to passing this second stone, I had lower back pain for about a month, which I thought was caused by basketball, but could this have been because of the stone? Also, when this back pain began I had a similar pain (very intense) as when passing the stone, but it stopped! So I just thought it was a back spasm or something. If this was the result of kidney stone, why would I get this intense pain, that only lasted for an hour, and a month later actually pass the stone?

Lastly, 6 days have passed and I am still experiencing slight discomfort in my lower back. I know that this stone did some damage inside me, so is it simply the result of that? Also I feel this discomfort in my left side as well, despite the fact that the kidney stone was in my right kidney.