Best age for circumcision?
Hi. My son is 2 and a half months old now and we would like to know what is considered to be the best and most appropriate age to get a boy circumcised? Where I am from, babies are usually circumcised right after they are born or during the first few months however from a religious point of view age at which it is performed is pretty much insignificant. So I would like to know what the best age would be. Also I would like to take into account the possibility of giving anesthesia (general preferably) before performing the circumcision. I am not sure at what age doctors allow the use of anesthesia.
The best age of circumcision is the earliest after birth as it’s easier to do and heals fastest. Although, it can be done at any age, but the dictum is “Earlier, the better”. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.