Urology Community
Bilateral Epididymal Head Cysts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bilateral Epididymal Head Cysts

I am a 25yo M who has had chronic nagging testicular pain.  Had an ultrasound which showed "bilateral epididymal head cysts".  I have one cyst in each epididymis.  My question is whether or not BILATERAL cysts are common in the general population. I know that in general epididymal head cysts are fairly common, but usually unilateral.

I am asking because I heard that bilateral epididymal head cysts can be a first manifestation of Von Hippel Lindau disease in some people.  I don't know my family history because my parents are adopted, but so far they are healthy.  I asked my family doctor but they could not reassure me and simply suggested getting tested for other VHL manifestations.  I would rather just find out if these bilateral cysts are fairly common and nothing to worry about.

Thanks  
Hi,
How are you? The exact prevalence of  epidydimal cyst is not clear but it is one the most common scrotal lesions. They are often found multiple or bilateral in occurrence. If  VHL is an issue and the family history is not clear, I agree with your attending physician that genetic testing may help rule this out and ease any anxiety. Take care and best regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank