Urology Expert Forum
Bilateral Varicocelectomy & Hydrocele removal

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Apporx 5 weeks back I had Bilateral Varicoclectomy.
Incisions were made on the lower abdomen (left and right).
Also, during the surgery Hydrocele was removed by pulling the testis out through the incisions.
After the surgery my Scrotum was really swollen and has reduced quite considerably now.
But its still a little large now (after 5 weeks) and my left testis is not falling down.
It is also little swollen but has reduced a lot since the surgery.
I have no pain in either of the testis and the stitches on my abdomen is almost healed.
I want to know, if this is normal (left testis not falling) and also the skin around the scrotum seems a liitle thick.
Please help.

Swelling in the scrotum can take a while to go away after surgery. The area around the testes after removal of your hydrocele can take a month or two to go down to the size that it will ultimately have. The testes should ultimately go down within the scrotum to it’s original position. This may also take a few months. If it stays fixed just inferior to the pubic bone, then it may need to be freed . At this time there is nothing to do. See how it  is at three months.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Just also want to add to my post above.
I can feel the left testicle (the one not hanging down) its right below the abdomen.
Its not like its not completely in the abdomen.