Urology Expert Forum
Bladder Cancer/ Surgery complications

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Bladder Cancer/ Surgery complications
Posted By Nick on May 03, 1999 at 11:38:17
Dear Doctor,
I am a 59 y.old male,nonsmoker. Two months ago I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Last month (April)I had a cystoscopy transurethral surgery (one 2cm
by 2cm tumor growth and 2 other smaller tumors were removed). I was advised
to return to work the second day following the procedure and to resume normal activity.  So I did.
After 3-4 days I experienced complications and I started to feel weak.
I was admitted in the hospital with an arterial bleeding from the site of
first surgery.  Another cystoscopy transurethral surgery was performed on me
in order to seal the arterial bleeding. I was given NO additional blood to make up for the loose.
The second time around, the same doctor advised me to limit any and all activities to a minimum.
Seven days have passed since my second surgery. I have been resting in bed with very litte activity. How long does it take for the wound to heal in my bladder? When can I resume normal activity?  

The muscle of my bladder was attacked by cancer and the cancer is in the second stage.  What procedure should I have in order to check for metastasis? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Follow Ups:

Re: Bladder Cancer/ Surgery complications HFHS M.D.-BE 5/11/1999

Bladder Cancer/ Surgery complications Nick 5/19/1999

Re: Bladder Cancer/ Surgery complications HFHS M.D.-CK 5/20/1999