Urology Community
Bladder Pressure w/o burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bladder Pressure w/o burning

I have had a frequent urge to urinate and bladder pressure for a few weeks. The pressure became very painful as if I constantly have a very full bladder even right after I empty my bladder. I tested "trace positive" for a urinary tract infection after having taken amoxicilin 500 for 2 days. I do not and have not had any burning sensation when I urinate. Is there other things that create a positive urinary test beside bladder infections.? I have a dr appt again in 6 days but is it safe to wait that long. I am now on Biaxin? It seems to be a mucg stronger antibiotic.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your symptoms could be due to UTI, or urinary tract infection. The infection could be at any level from bladder to ureter to kidney. It could also be due to a stone in the urinary tract. What you need is a urine culture and sensitivity test done. You can also give it for culture and sensitivity in a sterile bottle provided by the lab. This will tell you what organism is causing the infection and what antibiotic will kill it permanently.

“In people with an overactive bladder (OAB), the layered, smooth muscle that surrounds the bladder (detrusor muscle) contracts spastically, sometimes without a known cause, which results in sustained, high bladder pressure and the urgent need to urinate (called urgency).”
“A malfunctioning detrusor muscle causes overactive bladder. Identifiable underlying causes include the following:Nerve damage caused by abdominal trauma, pelvic trauma, or surgery
Bladder stones
Drug side effects
Neurological disease (e.g., multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, stroke, spinal cord lesions)
Bladder cancer or prostate cancer

Other conditions can produce symptoms similar to overactive bladder, including urinary tract infection (UTI) and normal pressure hydrocephalus.

You need a comprehensive investigation taking all these points in consideration. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Refer: http://www.urologychannel.com/bladdercontrol/causes.shtml

You know what i had the same issue few months back and it lasted for a mionth each day for hours straight i wasnt able to leave the toilet thats how bad it was i was hysterical crying and in and out of hospitals. I did every test possible other then UTI nothing showed up negative it drove me insane i just had cyctoscopy done thank gd everything was fine with that. Till today i dont know why i went through that phase but i had no burning only frequency but drops were coming out and i felt like i had to pee a river and pain in pelvic. I really hope yours goes away fast or you get answers!
THIS PAST MONTH I HAD YOUR SAME SYMPTOMS. EXCESSIVE URINATION BUT NEVER EMPTYING THE BLADDER FULLY.  I HAD TO URINATE AS SOON AS I FINISHED . WENT TO GYNO TODAY AND HE DILATED MY URETHRA CLAIMING THAT IT WILL HELP OR CURE THE PROBLEM.   IT IS STILL THE SAME  I HAVE TO GIVE IT SOME TIME TO WORK, i GUESS.  HE CLAIMS THERE'S A NARROWING IN THE URETHRA BUT NEVER TOLD ME THE CAUSE OF IT  
I have had this exact issue since December, all testing has came back negative and I can't understand whats the underlaying issue. I'm think possible cyststaysis (sorry for spelling) I have a pelvic sonogram coming up. I have no burning just constant urgency!!! But it goes away when I have my period...it's making my life uncomfortable.